Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Week 26 Cont'd. - January 31, 2017

Hey, fam! 

I have nooo clue where to start this email.  AGHHHH!  Maybe that's a good start, haha.  This week was pretty hectic, to say the least. I am going to try my best to go through the days as usual though.  Hopefully it makes decent sense. 

Tuesday:  A pretty normal Tuesday.  We did a lot of finding and taught a few lessons.  We went to dinner with the ZL's as well which was fun!  Nothing crazy, yet.

Wednesday:  A full day of teaching, Always my favourite's!  We just had back-to-back lessons alllll day.  Good fun. :)

Thursday:  Today was the Missionary Broadcast!  It was a two hour broadcast where three members of the Quorum of the Twelve and the Missionary Chair talked about some questions missionaries usually have and about our new schedule!  The new schedule allows us to have some more control of when we want to plan, eat, and study, it's great!  We get to go to bed at 9:30 at night now, instead of 10:30- Whatta blessing!  Afterwards, we taught some people, and had dinner with the Williamsons, such good people. 
 (Some friends Elder Carlisle and Elder Copeland have been teaching for awhile.)

Friday:  SIX MONTHS DOWN!!  WOOOO!  That is crazy!  Can you believe that I am 1/4 down with my mission already!?  It's been an incredible start to my mission, a lot of amazing memories with people that I will always remember in Aberdeen!  
 (Six Months Burning a Tie--"Don't worry, it was a cheap one!")
 
We taught a lot of lessons, had some great finding, and then in the evening headed over to the Stake Center for Burns Supper!   If you don't know who Robert Burns is, you can look him up, but they basically worship the guy here, gave him his own holiday and everything.  It's great.  We had some Haggis and Tatties as they say, and a lot of bagpipe music.  The Elders got to help serve everyone, I took some pics of it!  A lot of fun!!
 
 (The Burns Supper--Honoring Robert Burns.  Robert Burns was a 
Scottish poet and lyricist. He is widely regarded as the national poet of Scotland and is celebrated worldwide.)
 
 (The Elders helped serve at the Burns Supper.)

A Wonderful meal of Haggis and Tattis. 
There can be no Burns night supper without a dish of  traditional Haggis (discarded parts of a sheep) and Tatties (Scottish term for potatoes). 

Saturday:  A lot of lessons, and then in the evening.. MOVES CALL!   Elder Carlisle was told that he would be staying in Aberdeen, and that I would be moving To Belfast Zone- Lisburn Area -with Elder Nelson!  Ah Man I was freaking out!  NORTHERN IRELAND WOOO!  I Started packing right away because they told me I would be leaving Monday morning.

Sunday:  My last Sunday with the Bridge of Don Ward.  Ahhh mann, it was sad.  I love all these people.  They have become my family here in Scotland, and I can't wait to see them again after we tour my mission.  After church, we went over to some of our friends we have been teaching who had a little good-bye lunch for me.  We then went and got Elder Mueller and said goodbye to Elder Forbush who has finished his mission, such a legend!  We just packed for the rest of the evening!

Monday:  We woke up at 4 am.  I said goodbye to all of the Aberdeen Elders.  I am gonna miss them all so much.  I'm going to miss ABERDREAM, as well.  That city has a special place in my heart and I will always remember the hard work we put in there.  I took three buses all around Scotland, then got on the ferry to Northern Ireland, then got picked up by the Zl's here and dropped off at our place.  
 
 (Traveling by bus to Northern Ireland from Aberdeen, Scotland.)
(Then traveling by ferry.)
(Finally meeting his new companion, Elder Nelson from Canada!)
We got in at 4:30 and the flat we have was just barely being used by sisters.  We had a DA as well!  We got to learn a little bit more about this ward and I am pumped!  Everything seems like it's going to be an incredible area! 

So that has been my past week!  Today we are able to email, then we will probably get some groceries, clean our flat some more, and get out and find!  I am excited to work with Elder Nelson!  He is from Canada, has been out for 3 months, and likes to hunt, a lot.  He's slayed like a wolf and a bear and a million other wild beasts!  Should be fun! ;)  This area has so much potential.  I am gonna be honest, I am freaking out.  Getting thrown into a new area with not much experience between the both of us can be scary to think about.  I know though that as we put our trust in the Lord, and work as hard as we can, he will bless us, and we will see MIRACLES!  
This work is the greatest calling anyone can do, and I am loving it!  I pray that this week I can become more familiar with everything, and figure out what's going on a wee bit more haha.  I love you all so much and am continually thankful for the love and support you show me!  Talk to you soon! 🍀😇

Elder Copeland

(If you would like my new address to send me stuff here it is:  40 Belfast Road, Lisburn East, County Antrim ANT, Northern Ireland  BT27 4AS)  

No comments:

Post a Comment