Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 24 - January 16, 2017

Hiya, guys! 

Another week down already?  Flip!  Time is picking up even more, it's crazy!  This week was one of the fastest on my mission!  Nothing too exciting even happened, I guess you just get into the mode of being a missionary and working all day, every day, and that happens!  But I will go through my week the best that I can remember now! 

 (We went to Dunnottar Castle again today haha.  It was quite muddy, but good!)









































Tuesday:  We had a District Cluster Meeting!  Which was just a few more missionaries then normal, it was good!  We talked a lot about obedience and continuing to follow the rules our Mission President has given us and the blessings we are given as we do that!  We then had a few lessons with some of Uni students back from Holiday.  We were going over to a dinner appointment in the evening when we got a call from the ZL's.  Another E move was taking place in our Zone and then Elder Parsons asked me to go up with him to get the missionary. They picked me up and we headed off, we went all the way up to THURSO!  It was like a 5 hour drive.  By the time we got there it was almost midnight.  We got to sleep for 3 hours, then got back into the car and headed back to Aberdeen!   AHH, it was brutal.  Elder Parsons and I had some good talks though.  It was fun! 

Wednesday:  I was exhausted from driving all through the night, but we had some lessons with investigators and just GQ'd a lot.

Thursday:  We had another great day of lessons with students, and in the evening we had our Ward Coordination, we got a new Ward Mission Leader, and lets just say he is a pretty intense guy haha.  But it was a good day! 

Friday:  Today was super busy!  We taught a ton of people, even a former investigator who has an ex-boyfriend who was ex-communicated and ah man, she was saying demons were all over her house and that their were all these voices in her head.. Long story short, we got out of there as quickly as possible, no more letting her call us!  ANOTHER E move happened, and some more people in the Zone got moved!  FLIP!  Half the Zone has been moved around before the transfer is over--it's crazy!   But, Elder Carlisle and I are still here haha, until the end of the transfer at least! 

Saturday:  Another day full of lessons!  The Zone Leaders found some people in our area, so we went on a few splits.  It's good to teach with other Elders and see how they do things. It helps me learn and grow and become a better teacher!  Always room for improvement!

Sunday:  A pretty good Sabbath!  Brother Wark called me in the morning and asked me to give a talk, haha, again.  So I got up and just kind of winged a talk on Obedience since I had no preparation.  I talked about Nephi and how he was an incredible example of obedience by doing what his father asked him to do and what the Lord asked him to do!  We had two investigators at church, which was great!  We were hoping for six to be with us, but that is okay!  The two that came are a man named Thunwa from Thailand and Summer from Finland!  Summer was a little bored, since she is a big fan of happy clappy churchs, but Thunwa loved it!  He was running around taking photos of everything, and ah man, I love the little guy.  He is over here studying English, but he loves Star-Wars and we have been teaching him all week!  We had a lesson with him after church with Harry who was just baptized and it was great!  We watched the "Restoration" and then showed him the baptismal font.  He committed to be baptized on the 28th of January--a day before moves call!  YES!  We have a lot to teach him in this time but I am so excited for him!!

A great week of WORK!  I love being able to work hard and see the miracles God has for us and the blessings I have been able to receive!  I challenge you all to really think about all that our Father in Heaven does for us and then thank him for it this week!  I love you all and will talk to you soon! 
Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment