Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 13 - October 31, 2016

Hey, everyone!

It was good to hear from you all.  I am glad you all had a safe and enjoyable week.  This week had a lot of ups and downs, but over all was really good!  We had loads of lessons, and I learned a lot.  I was a little homesick when I was sick haha, but every missionary is from time to time and it's okay.  It makes me want to work harder because I know at the time these two years look like the longest two years ever, but it will fly by so fast.  Just like it has already been 3 months, that is nuts!!  Anyways, here is my week best I can remember it.   It was long. 

 (Sorry I didn't take any photos this week, too busy and too sick haha, but I did take one right before here since we went to 5 Guys!  Elder Bradshaw took some funny pics of elder Corcoran and I being goofy.  Happy Halloween from Aberdeen :)



Tuesday:  We had our District Meeting, I learned a lot about the Spirit, the scriptures, and how these two years need to be years that I have ZERO regrets.  That just means I gotta work even harder then I am ;).  After that, we had a lesson with David, who is funny as always, he gave me a Scottish kids' story I will share with you guys.  "On Yonder Hill, there stood a coo.  Its Nae there noo, it must have Mooed."  (Try saying that in a Scottish accent, good luck haha)  Other than that, we GQ'd a lot, then at night went over to our church building, and helped the young men set up for the Halloween Party on Friday.  I started to feel a little sick, but it was alright.


Wednesday:  We had a pretty busy day.  We taught some new people, and then we taught Kate from Kenya.  She committed to getting baptized on the 12th of November!!  It's really exciting for us and means we got a lot of work to do with her, but I pray she can make the date!  We also taught another lesson with Pearl to help her make her date of the 6th!  Other than that, can't remember much, just was getting sicker and sicker.  All the missionaries in the SIM seem to be getting the same virus, where you have a really bad fever, and chills, and sore throat, for a few days.  I started getting it.



Thursday:  Another Busy Day!  We had Ward Coordination in the morning.  There is a new sister in our area named Sister Weber, and her companion is Sister Zimmerman from my original district in the MTC!  They both want to work really hard so that is good.  They share the same area and ward as us.  The Aberdeen Elders and the Zone Leaders go to the Stake Centre, I think I forgot to mention that forever ago.  But anyways, we taught some more lessons.  I was feeling like crap the entire day, but just kept working hard!


Friday:   Today was busy as well.  We were pretty busy every day because we have put in all the time and work to get all of our investigators, so it is really nice, way less time having to GQ.  We taught Vicky, Kate, Alice, Jonathan, and Pearl.  All went really well.  After our last lesson, we went over to the church for the Halloween party, but I was feeling real bad.  I just sat in the corner and tried to not move because I was in a ton of pain, but there is no point in complaining to you guys.  It is all good.  I have actually lost a ton of weight, I didn't really need to, but it is because we don't eat much and walk everything, everyday so that is a plus haha!  But by the end of the night, I had a fever of 105 and was freezing to death, but burning up and sweating to death.  I'm sure you guys know the feeling, no point in going into detail.  I just did not feel so hot, to say the least.

Saturday:  I woke up and was dying.  Elder Haynes, Peterson, Richey, Bain, and Bluttenberg were all sick as well.  I had to go over to Elder Richey's flat and we just laid in bed trying to get some rest the entire day.  It was a brutal day.  I don't really have much more to say.  Just was very sick.  Not fun.

Sunday:  We had stake Conference!  I was still dying, but decided I needed to go.  We were able to hear from President and Sister Donaldson, who were incredible.  And the former Mission Pres and his wife of the Greece Athens mission, might be one of the FEW missions harder then SIM, so respect to them.  We also taught Pearl again.  SHE IS GETTING BAPTIZED NEXT SUNDAY!  It was a real good day.  I learned a lot, but still dying haha.

Monday:  Today's schedule is a little different because it is HALLOWEEN!  HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!  I hope you all have such a good day today and get lots of candy for me, cause I won't be eating any of that haha.  We had our lesson in the morning today, where we taught John Howard.  He made a little video for you guys.  I hope you enjoy it, I was crying.  I still am pretty sick today, but that is alright.  A brand new five guys opened up today here in Aberdeen, there is only 50 in all the UK.  WHATTA  BLESSING!  It was real good!  Made me miss home a little, but I loved it.  I really don't have much more time, but I want you guys to know how grateful I am to be here.  It is the hardest thing I have ever done, but I have learned so much already and becoming the man I always wanted to be :)  I am so excited for Pearl's baptismI can't believe it's happening, such a miracle!  I am continuing to work hard here in Aberdeen.  Oh, also, Moves call is Sunday night I don't think Elder E is staying around, but I probably will.  Who knows what will happen though.   I will be able to e-mail you guys next Monday and let you know what is happening.  HAVE A GOOD WEEK.  I love you all!  Talk to you soon

Elder Copeland


No comments:

Post a Comment