Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Week 11 - October 17, 2016

Hiya, everyone.  I hope you all had such a good week!  
This week for me was a lot better then the last one!  I am gonna be honest, as the weeks continue, time just blurs together more and more.  I've been out for 11 weeks already! How??  Anyways, it's good to hear you are all doing well.  I'll go through my week the best that I can remember it now.

Tuesday:  Today we got to go on exchanges with the Elders from Thurso!  They came down to go to All Scotland on Thursday with us.  I went With Elder McPherson from Utah, who only has six weeks left on his mission!  We had a pretty solid day!  We taught this university girl named Alice the Plan of Salvation.  She has been reading her Book of Mormon and had loads of good questions for us that we were able to answer.  She agreed to meet us again next week, so I should be seeing her tomorrow!   Then, we taught a guy named Abraham who is getting his PHD in Divinity at the University Of Aberdeen.  Long story short, we talked forever about Works V. Faith and my mind was fried haha.  I have learned so much about the Bible and I don't go into a lesson trying to Bible bash obviously, but I can defend the faith with ease at this point.  Only shows me more this church is true.  After that we just GQ'd for the rest of the day.  Elder McPherson gave me loads of good advice, and we had fun!
Wednesday:  Wednesday we were on exchanges again.  I was with Elder McPherson.  We GQ'd the entire day, and it was actually pretty fun, because when you're with other Elders, you learn the tricks and secrets they do while talking to people.  We had a dinner appointment with the Williamsons and it was good.

Thursday:  ALL SCOTLAND.  We woke up at 4 am and hopped on a train down to Edinburgh.  There, all the missionaries in Scotland were and so was President, to summarize it.  It was incredible!  I learned a whole lot from loads of people and especially President.  That man is an incredible disciple of Christ and a great role model for me.  We got home around 11 and the Buchan Elders slept over for the night.  I really have no time to write about it, but All Scotland was really good!

Friday:  Today was a blur!  We met up with a guy named Eugene, who was a pretty hard core Born Again, had a nice little chat with him.. then we met up with Ke who we have been teaching for a while who told us she would come to church and wanted to get baptized in three weeks!  After that we GQ'd for the rest of the day, until we went to dinner over at a member's home.  Brother and Sister Dressel are taking care of Sister Dressel's mother named Pearl, who has been coming to church for years and years but isn't baptized!  Long story short, we told her we would start teaching her and that we want her to get baptized so that she can start the journey and more importantly, be with her family forever and her husband who passed away.  Two people who have a date to get baptized at the end of the month!

Saturday:  Another solid day, it was really bad weather ( I mean it usually is, but it was worse this time) so we did all of our weekly planning, district planning, and had one lesson with a Recent Convert named MacDonnel.  A pretty basic day, long, but good.

Sunday:  Today we fasted for our two investigators with a date.  I gave a talk in church, I wrote down a little bit of the talk but the rest was just on the spot whatever I was feeling.  It went well.  I wish I had more time to talk about it, but I literally only have 10 minutes left to finish this email and email President, so I am sorry!  We taught a lesson with a Bahai guy.  It was weird.  He's all spiritual voodoo like, but then we just GQ'd for the rest of the day.  At the end of the night, Sister Dressel told us that Pearl wants us over for dinner again this week, and to learn more, so please pray that everything goes well with her!  Ke also texted us saying that she can't meet anymore.  She wanted to get baptized, but has to go back to China and was too afraid to tell us at church :/.  So it was a good and bad day in different ways, but that is about all I can remember.

I wish I had more time to write these out more detailed but I am trying my best.  I love you guys all so much and I pray that we can see miracles this week, just gotta keep working hard, be obedient, and we will be blessed!  I think the District is going to a castle now, if I do go I will send the pictures later!  I love you guys have a good week!
-Elder Copeland
 (Going to Slain's Castle on P-Day)


















 








No comments:

Post a Comment