Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 9 - October 3, 2016

How is everyone doing? 
I am so happy that you all had a great week filled with the Spirit and were able to hear from our leaders of the church!  Today is officially one transfer down (Six weeks)!  That means I only have 15/16 left here in the promised land of Scotland/Ireland.  It is CRAZY how fast time flies.  I am officially staying in Aberdeen for at least another transfer, and that pumps me up!  This place is pure gold, and we have high expectations for this transfer, lots of miracles are gonna occur as long as we are obedient and put our trust in the Lord.  I barely remember this week, and nothing too exciting happened except for the weekend of course. But I will try and write a little bit of what I did each day. 

Tuesday:  Had our studies, then headed off to the library.  We taught Pawel the importance of church and a little bit about Conference.  His mom came into town so he couldn't come sadly, but we hope to get him to church this coming weekend so that he can gain a testimony of the truth of this gospel!  After his lesson, we met up with eight other elders who were in town for their moves, and went and got lunch at this posh place called Nandos.  It was a good time.  I love getting to know all the guys on this mission, and the best part about hanging with other Elders is the crazy funny stories they tell.  We had another lesson with a new investigator named Ludwing, but he's a waster tbh..  He said he didn't even care to find out if God or the Book of Mormon is true, so I felt like we wasted our time..  We then headed over to our church and had ward coordination.  We need to work with the ward better.  That is something I know we can do because the only way we can get investigators to want to stay at our church is if the ward shows love and support towards them.

Wednesday:  Today was lots of lessons.  We taught five new investigators at the Uni (University) library.  It is a blessing to have the Uni right next to our flat.  These students are around my age, and pretty open to learning more about what we believe.  Usually when we have a lesson planned with someone, we sit at the café inside the library, and they either bring a friend or someone will just come and sit down and want to listen to what we teach, too.  It is a lot of work, because they students have A LOT of question about Mormons, and sadly its usually a lot of anti-stuff they have heard that we clear up for them.  We continue to teach and give Book of Mormons out, but they wont flipping read the book.  What is the point of continuing to meet up with us and learn if you don't read the book we teach about?? Sorry, I don't want to rant haha, I try to be positive in these e-mails, but it is frustrating!

Thursday:  Today wasn't very exciting.  It was pouring rain (shocker) and we Gq'd for a long time, having not much success.  I got to go on a little exchange with our new ZL named Elder Corcoran though, because we were passing off one of our investigators to them.  Elder Corcoran is from Melbourne, Australia, and we were instant best friends.  Haha, since I was friends with the Wilsons back home and had all the Aussy slang, we were just throwing it around at each other and he was PUMPED that I had milo and Tim Tams haha! (BTW I am almost out of those, help!)   We had a good time teaching one of their investigators and Gq'ing.

Friday:  I can't really remember much from today haha.  Just lots of lessons with Uni students, lots of questions and doctrine being cleared up with them.  And sadly, a little bit of Bible bashing with some people who think they know everything.  I'll be honest, I have never finished reading the entire Bible.  I read it every day and am getting there, but I STILL know more about the Saviour then these guys who claim they know it so well do.  I don't know how anyone can't see how true this church is.  It blows my mind!  We don't want to throw it down on these guys, but sometimes you just gotta tell them straight up, and we do that.

Saturday:  Beginning of the day, just Gq'ing and lessons.  Later at night, we got to watch the Saturday Morning session LIVE at the Stake Centre!  I was so hyped!  I LOVEEE CONFERENCE.  Especially as a missionary.  I wish I could go back and tell my past self how much easier life would have been, if I would have just listened to the leaders of this church haha!  The most important thing I took out of it, is that our Heavenly Father LOVES us so much!  Because he loves us, he sent his son Jesus Christ to die for us.  All we need to do, is strive to become more like Christ in our every day lives, and work hard to endure to the end!!  After that session, we slept over at the Zl's flat and had fun talking about Conference.
Sunday:  We woke up and went over to the Stake Centre for a big breakfast the Priests had prepared!  It was unreal, then we watched the Priesthood Session of conference!  The leaders of this church have so much power in the words they speak.  The Spirit is strong, and I loved hearing how I can be a better Priesthood holder and do my part in bringing the gospel unto others.  We then watched the Saturday Afternoon session of Conference, I also loved it.  If you notice, they all talked a lot about Alma the younger.  I challenge everyone to read his story again, and to take from his experiences what you can do on your part to be a better servant of the Lord!  After that, we watched Sunday Morning Session LIVE!  I love watching it live.  Elder Bradshaw taught me to pray for the speakers as they speak and it makes it that much better!  I really wish I had more time to talk about what I learned, maybe I can next week but I just don't have the time--I'm sorry!  But just remember how important the Sacrament is, and the sacrifice Jesus made for all of us to be able to live with our families for eternity!

I am sorry I can't write more about everything, my time is up!  I really do try my best to write a little bit from each day, and hope that it all makes sense to you guys.  I just want to say how thankful I am to be a member of this church.  This truly is The Church of Jesus Christ and we are so blessed to have the fullness of the gospel back on the earth through our Prophet and his Apostles.  I hope you all have a great week and strive to become better. Please let me know how you guys are all doing.  I love to hear from you!  I love you guys!
 -Elder Copeland

 (Elder Copeland:  "We went Golfing later in the day!  Here is a few more pics, we used some ancient wooden clubs from a member haha.")

No comments:

Post a Comment