Monday, September 4, 2017

Week 57 - September 4, 2017

Life in the Burg!

Hey, fam, I am gonna keep it short again this week.  There is just too much to do in the burg and not enough time on a p day haha!

Last Monday, we went bowling.  It was class!  We met with Jiaying in the evening and talked more about her baptism, and she just wasn't ready.  It was really disappointing.  We got her information for the Elders where she lives, so we hope she will get baptized at some point!


Tuesday:  We had a full day of finding around the uni and meeting new students.  We taught a Chinese man named House, but he wasn't very interested.  We also had dinner with all of the Chinese RC's because they are all going home this week.  It was sad to see them go, but we are excited for the new friends we will find! 



Wednesday:  We had Ward Coordination in the morning, taught some RC's and had lots of finding in the evening.  We went on splits with the ZLs to cover some of their lessons as well.

Thursday:  We had our All Scotland Conference, it was AMAZING!  President Donaldson gave some powerful sermons and the Spirit was so strong.  I loved seeing all my friends as well.  Those Conferences give me so much motivation.  We helped move some missionaries around afterwards and made sure they are got back to their areas!  Lots of little things like that you have to help with in Edinburgh.


Friday:  We had our interviews with President, great as always.  He helped me understand a bit better why I am in Edinburgh and what he would like from me.  We taught our new friend Yvonne from China, WOW, she is PREPARED!!  Completely Golden.  We also taught Miles who had a date to be baptized this week, but he just got a new job and he couldn't come to church which meant he couldn't hit his date.  We will keep working with him!  We met with another friend named Yi who is an eternagator.  She won't say yes to getting baptized and she has even gone down to the Preston temple.  Flip!  She loves church though. 

Saturday: Loads of finding, taught Yvonne again, and some new Chinese friends, who weren't very solid.

Sunday:  We were able to have Yvonne and Yi Ming come to church with us.  The Edinburgh Ward is massive and has a lot of YSA.  It's good to meet them all and we will be working with them a lot.  We had some planning afterwards with the ZlLs.

I know this was really short, I am sorry!  This morning Elder Carter and I went out fishing and caught some fish!  We are gonna try and do something fun today.


I turn 20 this week, flip.  I am old.  All is well here, thankful for all of you and everything you do for me.  I love you!  Remember that Christ knows exactly how you feel every single moment and that you can turn to our Heavenly Father to help you with anything.  Keep Craicin on! 😇

Elder Copeland

PS.  Oh I forgot to mention!  Sister Jenna Irvine from Lone Peak is in my district which is crazy!  It's fun to talk about High school! 

No comments:

Post a Comment