Monday, September 11, 2017

Week 58 - September 11, 2017

Eye Single To The Glory Of God

Hiya, fam!  First off, THANK YOU for all of the birthday wishes, cards, and gifts.  I love each and every one of you so much.

  












 

This week was buck wild, and I don't have a lot of time because Elder Carter and I are going to go fishing, but I will run through the week with you. 

Monday:  We went bowling again, and I was on fire 🔥for not playing pretty much a year!  I hit a 185 after a game, and I wish we would of had time to play more.  



But we also received a call.  A new Chinese speaking Elder was coming in from the Provo MTC, and President wants Elder Huang and I to train him.. SECOND SON!  That was a bit shocking. 

Tuesday:   We had our District Meeting, and afterwards our new son, Elder James, arrived, Green as can be!  He is actually from Provo Utah, born and bred.  He is a really intelligent kid, plays in the band, likes classical music, and is really really American still aha.  A bit different then Elder Huang and I.. but that's okay.  God calls us as we are, and we are all unique!  We had our first trio lesson with a Chinese girl named Susie, and FLIP!  Elder James is one lucky Elder.  She is one of the most Golden Girls I have ever taught.  She wanted to be baptized this Saturday already!  We explained that she needs to come to church at least twice before she can be baptized.  We also had a DA with RC's, Maggie and Linda.  We had home made dumplings, £££

Wednesday:  I turned 20!  I am ancient!  We had Ward Coordination in the Morning, then went over to Brother Myles for a wee bit.  He gave me 30 SMOOTHIES, cakes, and a load of sweets, what a legend. 


We also taught Yvonne again.  She bought me this really, really posh Doc Martin Wallet. 

 Ah, that was really kind of her.  And we GQ'd and had dinner with all the missionaries in the evening.  I got all of your presents.  Thank you so much!  Not anything else special that day, but that's okay.  Next year, back home we can celebrate ;) 

Thursday:  We went over to Brother Thompson's in the morning, did some service, and had lunch.  We then taught Yvonne again.  She is doing so well, accepting everything, excited to be baptized.  We also taught Viola again.  In the evening, we taught a guy named Gabriel, old Scottish man who thinks he is a Catholic Cardinal.  Had a very interesting conversation.

Friday:  A lot of GQ'ing, and we taught Yvonne again, and our RC Ray.  Just finding new students is going well!

Saturday:  We helped set up the church for Stake Conference on Sunday and had another lesson with Yvonne.  We GQ'd the afternoon and in the evening we were invited for another dinner with the Chinese RC's.  They took us to this old Golf Pub for dinner, well good! 

(Elder Copeland and Elder Huang with their ginger beer--non-alcoholic, of course!)

In the evening, we met up with Yi Ming.  She knows the gospel is true!  We will keep working with her.

Sunday:  We were able to have Yvonne, Susi, and Yi Ming attend Stake Conference with us, it was brilliant!  We heard from the Stake leaders, President Donaldson, and a new area Seventy named Elder Herland from Norway.  Really powerful men up there.  The Spirit was strong.  Elder Herland challenged all to read Preach My Gospel, CH6, Christlike Attributes, and apply them into our lives to become more like the Savior.  The Donaldsons invited all the missionaries over for lunch afterwards for my birthday, that was amazing,  I love them. We GQ'd and planned in the evening. 

So that was the week!  Elder Huang and I are really working hard on loving our trainee and helping him learn the ropes, just takes a lot of patience and time, and Edinburgh is always Busy and Fast, soo yea. 
 






Yvonne's baptism is planned for Saturday, if all goes well.  Pray for her!  I hope you have a great week and be safe. 

Love, Elder Copeland 🍀

No comments:

Post a Comment