Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 17 - November 28, 2016

FLIP!  I am already 4 months into my mission? 

1/6 done?  What the heck!!  I can't believe how fast time is flying by!  This week was pretty good!  It's getting colder and colder here in the Deen, but no snow, just a ton of ice!  Things have been going pretty well.  I am a bit homesick because the whole city is all Christmas decorated now and lit up, just makes me miss the fam, but that's okay!  I get to talk to you guys in four weeks on Skype!!  

After I got off last Monday, we went mini-golfing with all the other Elders.  It was a lot of fun! I didn't win, but I did get a hole in one on the 19th hole which gives me another free game, so that was cool!  Hopefully later today we all go bowling, we will see, but anyways onto my week!





Tuesday:  A pretty busy day.  We went in with the Zone Leaders for a Skype district meeting, it was good.  After that, we just ran all over the city for lessons.  A bunch of people cancelled last minute, so that was frustrating, but that's the life of a missionary anyways! We had a nice supper over at the Williamsons, then had Ward Coordination at the Church.  That is about it for the day!

Wednesday:  Another day of last-minute cancelled appointments with people.  These Uni students have their finals coming up this week and next week so it's quite stressful for them, but at least just tell us in advance that you have to cancel before we walk over somewhere to meet!  Elder Carlisle has had an ingrown toenail for a while, so we went over to this doctors today.  I decided that I wanted to go in and see what they do to him, and that was a HUGE MISTAKE!  They flippen jabbed him with needles, and cut his whole toe and ah man it was horrible, blood gushing all over and infection and aghh.  I didn't feel too hot afterwards haha.  Elder C couldn't really walk after, considering they sliced his toe all over, so we went back to the flat.  He got this 3D Globe puzzle from his fam for Christmas, so we opened it early and built it.  Not much else happened today, just a few lessons in the evening.




(Before Elder Carlisle went in to get his toe all cut up, and after, I didn't feel too good after watching that, SO we built his world puzzle globe thing his mom sent him for Christmas, since he couldn't walk at all haha.) 

Thursday:  We had a lot of investigator lessons!.. Fall through... So we Gq'd a lot, rested for Elder C's foot, and had a few RC/LA lessons.  Today was Thanksgiving.  I just wanted to tell you guys how thankful I am for your continued support and love you show me.  It really helps me get through the weeks!  No one invited us over for dinner sadly, but no worries, we just had some Mince and Potatoes, classic.  

Friday:  Ahhh once again lots of lessons planned, lots fall through, so we Gq'd a lot. Another long day, not much more to it.


Saturday:  Today was pretty good!  All of our lessons went through!  We were able to teach a lot of great people and help them come closer unto Christ.  AND, we got invited by the Aberdeen Ward to go over to their building for a THANKSGIVING DINNER!!  It was so good! It was pretty much all the Americans and Canadians in Aberdeen who threw it together, but it was great to get some turkey and pie!  All the Elders from the area were there, too, so it was lots of fun, so I still had a Thanksgiving Dinner!  Just a little late, but nevertheless, it was incredible :)

Sunday:  We had Ward Council in the morning, just lots of plans for a Santa Float the ward does and the Christmas party!  We also had two of our investigators at Church, Ke and Evian!!  I don't remember if I have mentioned them, but they are both from China, sort of speak English.  They have become good friends because of church and us introducing them to each other, and have been learning from us for a while!  They both are planning on getting baptized on the 16th of December though!!  Hopefully I don't get moved on the 12th, because I have been working with them forever and really want to see them make their goals!  Pray for them! 

("We set up the tree Gma Laura sent us, thank you!  Elder Carlisle put some of his Ohio State decorations on it.  All we have right now is our area books for presents.  I got a pine tree scented air freshener, so we put it up next to it, makes it even more authentic haha!" 

All in all, a pretty good week.  We had like 12 lessons fall through, but we're still able to see miracles and help a few people!  I miss you all a lot, Christmas time is my favorite, and I can't believe how much I took family for granted back home.  When I get back, it will be well good!  This week should be another good one, hopefully students will be able to meet us, and we can find more prepared people.  All we gotta do is work hard and the Lord will Provide.  I am thankful for all of your support and love you all!  I will talk to you all soon! 

Elder Copeland

("The uni had everyone make a little version of their favorite book, so that they can hang them up on their tree!") 
("The University big tree they have outside!") 
("I found the alley where they make Patagonia jackets haha!')


No comments:

Post a Comment