Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Week 82 - February 26, 2018


Thankful to be a Missionary!  19 Months!

Hiya, Fam, it was a busy week, but a good one.  I thought I would just express how grateful I am to be a missionary right now.  I hit 19 months this week, and it really is beginning to hit me how soon my mission will be over.  I am grateful for all that I have learned, am learning, and will continue to learn while I am here.  Heavenly Father has blessed me with this opportunity, and I strive to make the most out of it before it's finished! 

Tuesday:  We attended some District Meetings, and did some role plays on JSH.  After Dm's, we helped drop off Elders at bus stations and rushed over to Edinburgh!  We were able to discuss more with President Donaldson, as well as the Glasgow Bishop, about the plans for the missionaries here.  I love watching President work.  He is powerful in his teaching and leading.  He made some E moves to the Glasgow Zone to fit the new needs of the boundaries.  We had to rush back to Glasgow and take some Elders moving to the stations!  After all that, we were able to teach a new guy named Ahmaed, and we should be seeing him again this week. 

Wednesday: We GQ'd and taught Sofia, Mark, and Herman, some new friends! Also had a meeting with the Bishop in the evening to go over more of the vision for the new Glasgow ward and where the missionaries can fit into it all! It's a transition for the ward as well as the missionaries and everyone wants it to be smooth!

Thursday:  We GQ'd, then taught Talal, Peter, Rafael, and Shona!  I went to Peter and his family with Elder Huang.  He is doing amazing.  His goal is to go to the temple again with his family and be sealed this year.  When he said that, I had tears in my eyes.  What an amazing convert to the gospel.  I am excited to see his family continually progress!  We drove to Edinburgh again in the evening.


Friday:  We were on exchanges with the AP's for two days.  I was with Elder Wright.  We taught some of his friends, and also had a really cool on the spot with a girl I found!  In the evening, we went over and had a Hot Pot with some of my RC's.  AHH, I miss them!  It was great to be with them and catch up for a wee bit. 

Saturday:  Loads of finding as well as some lessons!  Cool story.  Last transfer, I was with Elder Gibb on exchanges in Edinburgh.  The very last guy I talked to was a man named Peter.  I didn't think much of it, but I got his number and set up a time for Elder Gibb and Wright to see him the next week.  Long story short, he met that next week, and has continued to meet, reading the entire Book of Mormon, and will be being baptized this week!  WOOO!  That was amazing when I heard all of that.  Sadly, I didn't get to see him, but I hope to next time.  You never know how big or small your efforts may be, who they will affect! 

Sunday:  We had four of our friends at church!  It's a proper big ward now, which is exciting.  After church, we went over to Grands, and did some GQ'ing!

We were asked to give a 2-hour instruction tomorrow at Scotland-South Conference, so we gotta plan that.  I am excited!  This week, we will be able to work more in our area as well, so we should see some results!  Thankful to each of you for all your love and support.  Have a great week! 💚
Elder Copeland



No comments:

Post a Comment