Monday, July 10, 2017

Week 49 - July 10, 2017

Hiya, Fam, wow what a crazy week! 

I can't believe it's another Monday already.  I got loads of exciting news, but I will go through my week and explain everything the best I can!

Monday:  After we emailed, all the missionaries in the city went out to a pretty destroyed castle that I forgot the name of and explored it.  We also went to Mugdock Castle and played capture the flag in it, haha.  That doesn't happen much.  Afterwards, just did some finding.
 



Tuesday:  HAPPY 4TH OF JULY 󾓦!  We had our District Meeting and had all the departing missionaries talk about their experiences and what they learned most.  It was amazing.  I am thankful for the friends I have made who have finished their work here and are returning with honor.  We went over to Peter's home afterwards and talked to him about his baptism. He has been reading the Book of Mormon and was excited to get dunked!  We GQ'd the rest of the day and had a little get together with the Recent Converts with a fire and some marshmallows in the evening.  All our Chinese friends came along, and so did Bir!  It was the first time Bir has had a Smore haha.  He loved it.  Definitely missed the fireworks back home, but next year, no worries ;) 
 
 
 
 
 



Wednesday:  We had a lot of finding, went over to Peter's again and interviewed him for baptism.  He was good to go!  We went over to the Wengs for dinner again as well.  I'm gonna miss those kids so much, Ahh I love them.  We had more finding in the evening.


Thursday:  Not too much today other then finding, and Peter's baptism!  I was able to baptise him, and everything went well!  His family loved it, and he gave me a big hug afterwards :)  Another family I love so much.   We went out with some Recent Converts for dinner in the evening, another day in the dream! 
 
 

Friday:  We taught some lessons with new people, none of them were too solid though. Then we went to lunch with all the missionaries, and taught Rohama again.  She had been reading the Book of Mormon, and enjoyed the Plan of Salvation, but was too sick to come to church on Sunday.  Hopefully this week she will!  In the evening, Bir fed us at his restaurant again!  WHATTA LEGEND, we taught him afterwards.  We were convinced Elder Wang was leaving us, so he kept saying bye to him and not me cause I told him I would be hanging around... Whoooops. 

Saturday:  We had an early start.  Elder Wang took his theory test in the morning.  He didn't pass, but it's because he has never driven before, so he just wanted to see what the questions were like, and now he is going to study and pass it!  We were GQ'ing in the city, and we got a call from President Donaldson.  Elder Wang will be staying here in Glasgow, but switching to the Springboig ward.  He will work on fixing up all the members' areas and wards, making sure they are in the right places.  I will be white washing into Cork as the new District Leader as well as training Elder Bradley from Canada.  I AM SO EXCITED.  CORK. LET'S GOOO.  In my District, I will have the Zone Leaders, which one of them is Elder Elsmore, my first comp!  I also will have Elder Carlisle who is white washing training in my District, my second comp!  And Sister Gregson will be going over with me to white wash train into Cork as well.  It honestly feels too good to be true.  I already know most my district and they are all absolute legends.  I am going to miss Glasgow, but this moves call was unreal.  

Sunday:  I had to say goodbye to all the friends and families I have come to love here.  It was tough.  I wish I could have had more time with all of them, but I am excited to see them all grow in the gospel when I return one day.  We were able to have the Wengs ( David and Angel), Peter and his family, and Bir come.  Peter was confirmed by Elder Wang.  I love them all so much, it was hard to leave them all.  We also had Peong at church and another new friend from China.  I hope Elder Wang can get them into the water one day.  I just packed and planned for my week ahead the rest of the day.  I have a really busy week ahead of me.  I won't even get to Cork until Thursday.  I'll be in Edinburgh tomorrow and the next day getting training, a lot of my friends will be there as well.  It will be good to see them all.

So that was my week!  I am excited for this opportunity to go to a new place and have new responsibilities and see more lives changed through the gospel.  This week I felt a little down because of something that happened, but a scripture really comforted me and helped me stay focused:  D&C 122:8-9. Remember that Jesus Christ has already suffered for our pains and afflictions, but not only that: he has descended below them ALL.  How powerful.  I am thankful for my Savior, and for you guys who continue to love and support me.  I will talk to you next week with loads of new info.  Sorrryy for this massive email.  I hope ya got through it all.  I love you guys!  Have a great week.
 
Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment