Monday, March 13, 2017

Week 32 - March 13, 2017

Hiya, everyone! 

It was good to hear from you all.  This week was chaos.  I am pretty exhausted as well, but everything worked out how it was suppose to, and that is all that matters!  I'll go through the days best I can remember! 

Tuesday:  Had a great District Meeting, talked about our areas and what we need to do to continue to see success in them!  Went over and had a lesson with Kirstie.  She explained to us how her parents had begun to have doubts about her being baptized because they had been told anti- things from a Minister about what Mormons do...which was all false.  We later on had a great lesson with Mannie though.  Did lots of finding and continued to set up all the baptism! 

Wednesday:  Lots of lessons set up!  About half way through the day, my back started to just cramp up as we were sitting in a coffee shop teaching lessons.  I don't know what I did to it, but the rest of the day I was just in a ton of pain.. Just teaching all day though!

Thursday:  Super busy day!  Had an incredibly spiritual lesson with Candice as always! Then had a disappointing lesson with Kirstie... She told us her parents would not allow her to be baptized now.  They got really antied.  I was really upset :/  Satan was working over-time this week.  But we still had her and Mannie's Baptismal interviews and they went well. Kirstie said that she still wants to be baptized.  It might just take more time now.  She turns 18 in two weeks though.  Later on, had Ward Coordination and Book of Mormon Class in the evening!  My back was killing me all day. 

Friday:  A lot of finding and preparing for the baptism of Mannie for tomorrow!  Back still killing.  But we had a great lesson with Mannie in the evening! 

Saturday:  Today was the day! We prepared all of the baptism and made sure everything was good to go.  The baptism was great!  I was privileged to be able to baptize him.  I remember after Mannie got out, all he kept saying was, '"I'm clean, I'm finally clean."  I was overcome with the Spirit and couldn't help but cry and give him a big hug.  What a miracle to see another son of Heavenly Father come closer to him in his life here on earth!



  
By the end of the night, I just had to lay down and not move because I was wrecked haha!

Sunday:  Mannie was confirmed at church by Elder Nelson.  It was great!  Candice, being the legend that she is, got up and bore her testimony and said how excited she is to be baptized and how God has been leading her on this pathway to come closer to him.  AHHH We were pumped!  After church, we had our planning and my back was on fire, so I called Sister Donaldson to set up some kind of doctors' appointment for this week. 

Overall a great week,  There was definitely some challenges and tough parts, but I am thankful for the miracles we were able to have!  I'm sorry this email is all over the place.  I don't have a ton of time left before we got to get going!  This week should be a lot of finding. I pray we can find people who are prepared to receive the gospel and that my back can get sorted out!  I love you all and will talk to you soon! :)

Elder Copeland

1 comment:

  1. Carter is such an example to me of a good missionary, so proud of him!
    Grandpa Scott

    ReplyDelete