Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 4 - August 29, 2016

Another week down already, what in the world? 

Time flies by so fast out here in Aberdeen.  This week was complete chaos!  But I loved every single second of it and wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world right now!  I'll just write each day and what I can remember from it again since that seems to be the best way to do it!


Monday- This was last P day and I e-mailed you guys, but after we e-mailed we went out and hit on the driving range at the golf course near our house and I got some cool pictures and a pretty good video so I thought I would mention it and send that stuff.







Tuesday- Nothing too special today.  We woke up, did our personal and companion studies, then headed out the door.  We got our monthly schedule showing us when our District and Zone meetings are along with days for baptisms.  We had another solid lesson with Vicky, who is learning more every week and is a great new convert, working hard to read the Book of Mormon and learn more about the gospel.  After that, we were walking to our flat and almost got nailed by this bus.  I'm not kidding!  We were a few inches from getting destroyed haha.  The Lord was definitely looking out for us.  I forgot to say that jay-walking is legal here, so everyone runs all over the streets.  It's pretty nuts.  We GQ'd for a few hours, got some potential investigators' numbers, then called it a day.  My hair was getting pretty long, so Elder Elsmore gave me a cut in our flat, and it turned out pretty well! 



Wednesday- Such a great day.  We woke up earlier and ran to the golf course and putted around for our morning exercise when we got a call letting us know two Elders from the Shetland Islands were coming to stay with us for a few days.  Their names are Elder Rich from Ut, and Elder Watson from Arizona. We did a companion swap and I went with Elder Watson for the day.  We didn't have any lessons planned out, so we literally GQ'd for 6 HOURS.  It was a lot of hard work, but we were definitely blessed for it.  We got like 15 new numbers of people who seem pretty solid.  I probably walked a marathon that day, but after that we all went over to a new member's home for dinner and it was fantastic!  The members here work so hard to stay dedicated, and I have a lot of respect for the few, but very strong ones here!



Thursday- ZIT DAY ( Zone Interview Training).   All four of us Elders in our little flat stayed up late talking about super deep doctrine, so we were all pretty dead at 6:30 am haha, but we got up and got ready and headed over to our church.  President Donaldson and the APs and Sister leaders (Or whatever their called) had some awesome lessons for usI got to meet all the other island Elders and I'll tell you, they are all crazy haha!  I think they needed a break from the islands cause there's only two on each one and no progress gets done there, sadly.  But I got to talk to President and I learned a whole bunch of stuff.   It was a really good day!  After ZIT, we went back to the flat, did our studies, then got ready for bed, We were at ZIT all day long haha. 



Friday- The Shetland Elders' last day with usWe did kind of the same thing as Wednesday, but I went with Elder Rich instead.  We had a LOT of success, me and Elder Rich get along really well, and we made a ton of people laugh in the streets which made them want to listen to our message.  It was great.  We had a few new investigators' lessons too!  We taught a guy named Max, who is an atheist and a math genius but wants to find out if God is real, so we taught him lesson one.  Then we had another lessons with Zsolt which was great, just on the Plan of Salvation and what not.  Then we had a lesson with a new investigator named Billy.  AH how do I even describe him.  He is like 70 and the BIGGEST Aberdeen football fan in the world.  He is the sweetest guy ever, his entire house is lined up with football jerseys and guess what, I gave him a book of Mormon and a pamphlet, and he asked me what size of shirt I was, then gave me TWO Football jerseys!!  They're so sweet I wear them all the time at night and man Billy is really solid.  I feel like he is gonna get baptized.  We then sent the Shetland Elders back off to their island and that was our day.  So many miracles took place on Friday.  Everyone was real happy about the work done. 



Saturday- I was back with Elder Elsmore, and we GQ'd for a few hours and had a couple lessons planned.  Every single one of our lessons fell through except for David, which went well as always cause he is so solid.  So a little disappointing day but not too big of a deal.  We got a couple new investigators' numbers which is great.  We then had a dinner appointment with another member family.  They made us home made pizzas, root beer floats, and even gave Elder Elsmore and I a cake to take home since we both have birthdays.  Mines in a week.  I can't believe it haha.  A pretty good day all in all.


Sunday- Another normal Sunday.  We went to church.  We picked up John Howard who hadn't been to church for 6 months so that was good, but other then that all we did was GQ and have another lesson with Billy who is great haha.  He drew a picture of Jesus for us and asked us to bring him more pictures of Jesus so he could hang them up with his jerseys.  It was funny.  Nothing else I can remember that was exciting. 



Monday (Today)- Today has been great!  We woke up, did our studies, and then headed out to meet the District at the bus stop.  We all went out to this massive lighthouse and these cool rocks on the shore which I took a ton of pictures of and will send.  It's been fun.  







Then we went and ate at KFC which was funny haha.  It isn't like the ones in America.   After I finish e-mailing, we're gonna go buy our groceries for the week and I'm gonna get some of the European church clothes because I look like a parachute out here.  Everyone wears such fitted clothing which actually looks pretty sharp as long as I don't get fat haha. 
 

Well, that was my week.  It was a really good one!  I made a lot of new friends, learned a lot, and had fun with it too.  I miss everyone back at home a little bit.  So many people are at college just having a blast, but I know that as I continue to work hard and serve the Lord, I will be blessed.  I hope everyone has so much fun with school and remembers to rely on the Lord for help in all things!  Oh and a couple people asked me what my address is here since it is my birthday next Tuesday.  If you would like to send me packages, (Which would mean the WORLD to me), you can send them to the mission home:

Scotland/Ireland Mission

51 Spylaw Road,

Edinburgh,

Scotland, EH10 5BP

and I should get them in a week or two.  Any letters and pictures would make me incredibly happy and if you do want to send anything else, thank you so much!  I love you all and will keep working hard here!  Enjoy all the pictures and videos!

Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment